Monday, December 13, 2010

Hip-Hop Mixtapes

Hip-Hop Mixtapes are an absolute essential item to any hip-hop fan. Some of the best jams I have ever heard in my life are from mixtapes rather than albums. Take D-Block, for example. Their albums have been hit or miss, with some good tracks and many not so good ones (usually musically rather than lyrically). But their mixtapes? I have never heard ONE single weak one. Take the new Green Lantern Sheek "Donnie Def Jam" mixtape. I have played it fully through at least ten times, and I have never heard a Sheek album that even comes close to it.

For anyone who is not too familiar with mixtapes or has only heard a few, or if you think all they are is a mix of different album songs, check em out. They have tons of exclusive material (as they are created to be promotional tools) and a variety of great stuff that you have never heard from your favorite artists.

No comments: